Auteur Sujet: [Warcry] Création de bandes custom : Aptitudes et Points  (Lu 2964 fois)

Hors ligne Dreadaxe

• Administrateur
  • Alpha & Oméga
    • Dreadaxe Corp.
  • Prénom N. : Benoît D.
[Warcry] Création de bandes custom : Aptitudes et Points
« le: 12 janvier 2020 à 09:39:47 »
revlid propose sur le reddit anglophone de Warcry une ligne directrice pour inventer des aptitudes et calculer le coût de nouveaux profils. J'ai trouvé l'article intéressant je vous le soumet.

Calculer les points
https://www.reddit.com/r/WarCry/comments/dws16r/creating_warband_abilities_game_design_guidelines/f7ligqv?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Do you have any guidelines, life this, for the actual creation of a Warband?
It's in the works! On the most basic level, it's a question of finding the closest equivalent in an existing warband, and adjusting the points cost and runemarks appropriately – but there are definitely tips for what those points costs should look.
In general, you're looking at a few factors:[/color]
  • Movement – your Move characteristic (and the Fly runemark). In general, +1M is priced at about +15pts. The cost of extra Move reduces as your total Move rises – at M5-M7 it's worth about +10pts, and at M8+ it's worth about +5pts.
  • Toughness – your Toughness characteristic. In general, +1T is priced at about +25pts.
  • Wounds – your Wounds characteristic. In general, +2W is priced at about +5pts.[/color]
  • [Range – your Range characteristic. More specifically, the number of move actions it will take for an enemy fighter to reach you while you're attacking; 0 for a 1" sword, 1 for a 2" spear, 2 for an 8" javelin, 3 for a 12" bow, etc. This is about +10 per move action. Anything over 8" should come with a minimum range of 3-6", but that doesn't reduce the cost.[/color]
  • Damage – there's no point looking at Attacks, Strength, Damage, and Critical Damage separately – look at them as a composite.  Work out the average damage from each attack action – within that, +0.5D is about +10pts.
  • Runemarks – fighters with access to unique, powerful abilities (particularly support abilities) may merit a points bump compared to similar fighters who don't. Normally it's about +10pts, all else being equal.
So take a look at a Skeleton with a Spear and a Skeleton with a Sword. They both have the same stats and they both cost the same – but the Skeleton with a Spear has R2, which means it'll take a move action to reach it while it's attacking. That's +10pts to the spear. However, the spear's average damage is 2.00D against T3 and 1.66D against T4+, while the sword has an average damage of 2.50D against T3 and 2.00D against T4+. That's about +0.5D, on average – so the swordsman is +10pts, and the cost becomes equal again.
That's a good guide for eyeballing it – start with the closest equivalent fighter (or two or three equivalents, ideally) apply those modifiers, and see if that looks about right.
Come back
Le MP c'est mal... C'est comme vouloir réinventer la roue ! Le e-mail c'est la base !
Amazon c'est le mal, en tant que geek vous devez le combattre !

Hors ligne Dreadaxe

• Administrateur
  • Alpha & Oméga
    • Dreadaxe Corp.
Re : [Warcry] Création de bandes custom : Aptitudes et Points
« Réponse #1 le: 12 janvier 2020 à 09:41:43 »
https://www.reddit.com/r/WarCry/comments/dws16r/creating_warband_abilities_game_design_guidelines/?sort=old

Creating Warband Abilities – Game Design Guidelines for House Rules
I've done a few homebrew Warbands at this point, and given feedback on plenty more – and while costs and characteristics can be tweaked, it's the Warband abilities that often seem to trip people up on a fundamental level. With that in mind, I've put together some thoughts, comments, and guidelines into Warcry Abilities that readers might find useful. Let me know if you think I've missed anything, or got the wrong end of the stick!
  • Number of Abilities
  • Ability Timing
  • Universal Abilities
  • Ability Duration
  • Bonus Actions
  • Ability Restrictions
  • Value vs Flat
  • Ability Costs and Guidelines[/l][/l]
Le détail est sur le lien[/list]
Come back
Le MP c'est mal... C'est comme vouloir réinventer la roue ! Le e-mail c'est la base !

Hors ligne Dreadaxe

• Administrateur
  • Alpha & Oméga
    • Dreadaxe Corp.
Re : [Warcry] Création de bandes custom : Aptitudes et Points
« Réponse #2 le: 12 janvier 2020 à 09:44:37 »
Pour @Kaelis
Miscellaneous Weirdness:
  • Slaughter's Strength adds +(value) Strength to your attacks, making it a [Triple] that's weaker than basic [Doubles]. Spine-Crushing Blow is a [Double] that does the same thing, but is limited to one attack, and is therefore even more awful. In general, if an ability seems overly specific or limited, I try to look for the situation where it shines and let that guide the playstyle – but these just don't have one. They feel like leftovers from a draft where Strength worked differently – I advise you to ignore them for balance purposes. Poisoned Weapon is much more acceptable, at least in a warband with multiple D2+ attackers.
  • Beastmaster is a [Double] that's identical to the [Triple] Snake Charmer. I guess the logic is that the Rocktusk is three times as expensive as the Serpents (albeit three times tougher, and notably faster and more damaging) while the Beast Speaker is less formidable than the Serpent Caller, but it's still a potent difference. God knows Serpents don't need to be made any better, but it's not like the Untamed Beasts were in need of help.
  • I have no idea what Go Dat Way is for. It's +4M total as a bonus action, and requires a specific (otherwise useless) fighter to be within 4" of another specific fighter. It'd rate as a slightly-too-strong [Double], normally. Granted, Squigs are hilariously good, but you could get a Squig Hopper for 15pts more than a Squig + Herder and it'd be significantly faster even without spending a [Triple] on this.
Come back